Talktalk youview box is a modern setup box that you can use with Talktalk or BT Telecoms company. Youview box is a combination of setup box along with the broadband connection.
The best thing I like about the Youview box is we can save, pause or even record our favorite series and watch later. This is how I watch the last football match while I was busy with some office stuff.
You will get the Pause & rewind option with all types of Talktalk Tv, but if you want to record some, you have to choose Youview plus box. Your view plus box has a feature to record & store a series up to 336Gb a one time. You want to know more about the Talktalk youview box, see below.
What is Talktalk Youview or Youview Plus box?
It is a unique device that keeps you entertained from your busy schedule & can be purchased from the official website of BT or Talktalk. You can buy it as a single unit, or if you already have a Tv, it can be added as a package from the operator.
After that, you have access to even more channels. You know why the success rate of youview plus is higher than the regular box because of its user-friendly interface. Even a small kid can use it without seeing into the manual.
If you like what you just watched and want to see more, you can browse programs by category, genre, or pick the large button “more shows.”
You also get a feature to optimize Talktalk Tv channels with your smartphone using additional apps. Want to know how you can add some additional apps to your Tv, dive towards the “How to download apps on youview box TalkTalk” section.
How do I Order TalkTalk Youview Plus Box
The most popular online stores in the United Kingdom, such as John Lewis, Curry’s, or Argos, will have the YouView package on their own. However, It is relatively cheap if you want to buy from them. Click here to check the latest price.
Apart from the online store, you can contact BT or Talktalk if you like even more channels and apps.
If you are already in contract with the service provider, all you need is a setup box, cable (aerial, HDMI, ethernet) & broadband.
Talktalk Youview Box Complete Setup
Before getting into the details, you have to make sure you have all the things mentioned below.
- First of all, the box itself.
- Remote controller
- Cable (HDMI, Ethernet, Aerial)
- Now, Connect the Aerial cable at the back of the box with the wall to get an antenna.
- Next, you have to find the HDMI port in the box & connect it with the Television HDMI port.
- The last cable, the Ethernet cable, will be inserted into the internet port (LAN port).
- Finally, bring out the adapter, attach it with the power lead & plug it into the socket.
Now switch on your box using buttons at the back, and you are ready to watch your favorite series.
List of all Channels
Tv is evolving. We don’t sit back and watch live shows anymore but then plan to catch up and download on-demand platforms such as Netflix.
This shows how we have to change ourselves according to the time. Today we decide when we want to watch a series due to the recording feature.
A regular setup box comes with a 70 digital channels list that includes:
You also have an option to add more channels like
- Nat Geo
- BT, Talktalk Tv, etc
Which is free with the package. If your favorite channel is not listed above, then you have to add a broadband connection.
Talktalk youview box problems
Below we have picked up the most occurring problem in the TalkTalk youview box according to the user feedback. If you want a solution to another problem, comment below or reach out to us. All the solutions provided below are already tested by our team and 100% working.
When you use a youview box for the first time, technical problems are possible. Here are some of the known issue you might encounter and how the TalkTalk YouView problems can be solved.
- You have to change your settings from eco mode to Low if your YouView box doesn’t start quickly.
- The startup time from standby will be reduce from this step.
- You should shut down your box and reset it in a few minutes while showing the error message shown on your phone.
- The default password is 1234, if you forget to change the YouView PIN.
Not connecting to the internet
Most of the users have a problem while connecting the box to the internet. Make sure you have a working connection, and the wire should be in good condition.
- First of all, check your micro-filter.
- Try to connect another device with the ethernet cable.
- Still not working. Try to change your Ethernet cable.
Find out the best Ethernet cable at a very affordable price. Check Price
Before recording, make sure you have enough storage capacity. Because recording is only not done if there is no storage or if you have not done the incorrect way. To make sure you have done the recording in the right way. Follow our three steps to record a video:
- On your remote, hit the guide button.
- Select the program or series you want to record and press the button ‘R’ from your remote.
- Now select whether you want to record complete series or a particular episode.
Here I am sharing the specification of the latest Talktalk Youview plus box 2020 edition, which is manufactured by Huawei.
- Can record HD video.
- No subscription is needed to access Freeview channels.
- 15-day on-screen guide available.
- Having a capacity of 320Gb.
- Record & store multiple channels at the same time.
- Provides parental control access.
- Available in multiple resolutions like 1080p, 1080i, 720 etc.
How Do I Reset my Talktalk youview box?
The issue frequently associated with the many TalkTalk YouView box issues is how do I restart my Talktalk Youview box.
Like every other streaming site, these bugs are unavoidable. YouView is a box-extension for a variety of programs in your TV.
With the new Talktalk youview box you can easily pause and retrieve your favorite program and access on-demand channels.
If your Talktalk Youview box is not working correctly & you want to reset it. First, make sure you know the model & serial number.
- For that, you have to press the Menu button from your remote.
- Go to the Settings option.
- Select Device Information (Check model number, Serial number, variant, etc.).
- After that, click on the reset option.
This will reset your setup box & if it is still not solving your problem, do comment below.
For more, Checkout customer satisfaction & some of the latest TalkTalk youview box with an additional feature.
How to download apps on youview box TalkTalk?
It is not possible to add additional apps to your setup box. All the apps currently present in the box are fixed and set by the company. There may be some variations between service providers, but you won’t add some third-party apps. For more, you can contact customer support.
How much broadband speed do I need to watch?
The minimum broadband speed you will require to watch a channel is 3MB/sec, but it is just a regular channel. For HD programs, you require even higher speed.