This is the post if you want to know all about o2 Voicemail Number in details. Today we have shared a complete step by step guide related to o2 Voicemail number.
Basically, Voicemail is a voice answered machine or a Voice system, that allows people to send and receive voice messages. Just Like a normal text message it also has information, although it is present in the form of a person’s voice format.
The word Voicemail is more often used to describe any service operator network that carries voice messages from sender place to receivers device.
What is o2 voicemail number
By default o2 voicemail number is 901. It is a virtual answering machine that answers all your calls when you are not present or busy with something. Hence, it also informs you through notification if you receive any new voice message on your cell phone.
If you are an O2 customer then it is available to you by dialling 901 from your mobile device. The company has already included these services with all new O2 mobile device.
The best thing about this feature is its user friendly interface. To begin with this feature you have to first turn it on.
Now you want to know how you can activate O2 Voicemail number service on your number. Follow below step by step process or you can contact on Customer service number tollfree:
Activate O2 Voicemail service.
- Firstly, Open dialer in your O2 mobile.
- Dial 1750 and click on the call button.
- Now your VM service is now activated.
Deactivate O2 Voicemail Number
- In your O2 mobile Dial 1760 Number.
- Next press dial button.
- It will automatically Deactivate this service from your number.
How to Change Default Greetings
The company has set a default message for all the caller but if you want to change it with your own voice you can do it. In order to change the default greetings in O2 Voicemail, check below steps:
- First of all, Dial 901 on your mobile.
- Next, press * button
- Then you will hear a number of options.
- Select option number 3 from the list.
- Greeting menu will appear now select 2 option to record your own voice greeting.
- From Option 3 a new greeting will record with a new nametag.
- Finally, follow the next step to complete the process.
How to Check Your O2 Voicemail Message
You have two option to check voicemail messages i.e; Using landline or your mobile. Both the process are totally different.
Check message on Landline
Checking messages on a landline is quite easy you only have to dial your own number and then it will ask for Pin code. In this process, you will require a pin code to access your mailbox from a landline.
For your information, when you have called 1901 for the first time it will ask you to create a Pin code for your mailbox. If you don’t remember your Pin code, contact Customer service number. Enter the Pin code and you are all good to go check your voicemail inbox.
- You don’t require your mobile device so switch off your number. So that when you call on your own number it will redirect you to Voicemail section.
- Just like that dial your Mobile number from a landline.
- Once you hear greeting, hit the *(star) button.
- Now you have to enter your Pin Code (By Default Pin is 8705).
- At last, follow the instruction to listen, remove or save your voice message.
Check message on Mobile
- To Listen to Voice message on your device you have to dial O2 Voicemail number android i.e; 1901 from your device.
- You also have another option that is long-press 1 button (in some of the device speed-dial voicemail is set to Number 1).
- After call connected to your mailbox, you will hear menu options like:
- To pause voice message press 0.
- For continue listening to a voice message press 0 again.
- Button 4 & 6 is for Skip Message Back & forward for 5 seconds.
Once you have listened to all your message then a new menu option will appear to save, delete and play again.
- Button 1 is used to replay your voice message.
- Number 2 & 3 is used to save and delete the message.
- Dial number 5 to return from your message.
- Number 7 is to skip your message in the forward direction for 5 sec.
- Button 8 will give you information regarding who called you and the time frame.
- If you want to reply to the voice message you heard by text dial 9 button.
Cost for O2 Voicemail number
Now you are wondering how much does it cost to activate o2 voicemail number on your number. For your information let me help you,
- For all pay & Go, a customer of O2, Listen to voicemail are chargeable. You can check all call charges here or type https://www.o2.co.uk/freesim/.
- According to the new tariff plan, For all the monthly pay customers, it will come out of your allowance which cost you around 35ppm.
O2 voicemail number abroad
If you are a traveller or a business person and used to travel a lot, then you may want to know O2 voicemail number abroad. To check your O2 Voice messages abroad you have to dial the same number (901) as you dial when you are in the UK.
This will only work in a country where you have a network connection. If you are able to use your number in another country then you are able to use O2 Voicemail number service.
The cost of Voicemail service abroad is the same as you call to another number in the way back to the UK. The charge of a normal call and the charge to listen to a voice message abroad is the same.
If you have any kind of problem in abroad for voice message dial +447802 090 100 from your O2 mobile number.
Some Frequently Asked QnA
This method will only work for all O2 mobile. In order to control the number of rings before calls divert to voicemail, you have to dial a number in the same order.
**61*901*11*30# and hit Dial button.
here 30, at last, means the time in seconds before calls divert to the mailbox.
You can set it according to your need in the multiple of 5 means, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30. Where 5 seconds is the minimum time & 30 seconds it the maximum. Watch this video for more information https://youtu.be/UqX9zBxURtE
Firstly, Dial 901 number from your register mobile number.
After greeting press * button and hit number 4.
After that you have to follow the instructions.
Alternatively, if you wish to cancel voicemail service or turn off Voice message on your number, you have to dial 1760. It will switch off the feature temporary or if you change your mind in future dial 1750 it will start again.